Today I had my last coaching call with OptIn! Hard to believe 6 months have come and gone. I had my last weigh in on Tuesday and I haven’t lost much since my 3 month- in fact, I gained 2 lbs which boo but maybe yay because it might be muscle. Not much progress in terms of inches around the waist either but my arms got thinner! WHICH I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT because I’ve always hated my arms.
I want to continue on this path to healthiness so I thought I’d complete my last OptIn Lesson here and lay out my goals for moving forward.
Assignment #24- Exercise Motivation-
1. Are you a beginner exerciser or a maintainer? I’d say maintainer now thanks to the study! I’m currently doing between 3-5 hours per week which is great progress from where I started.
2. Revisit your motivation to exercise. What is it?
a. Increase sense of well-being.
b. Increase confidence
c. Look better in clothers
d. Feel better and stronger
e. Lose weight and decrease body fat percentage.
3. Has your motivation to exercise changed since beginning the Opt-In Study? Why or why not?
The reasons why I started the program and the motivations haven’t changed but the level has. I’ve been finding myself losing motivation but it’s time to jump back on the wagon. I think I felt satisfied with the level of progress I’d made so I let myself get lax… No more!
4. As you finish your participant in the Opt-In study, what are some ways you can “jump-start” you motivation when exercising is difficult?
I think the key for me is going to be finding a work-out buddy who will go with my consistently and is looking to achieve some of the same results I am. This may be hubby but maybe not… Volunteers welcome! Keeping up with a food tracking app will keep me accountable but also, changing up my routine so that I don’t get bored. I love to exercise outside but we all know that in Chicago that’s only possible for a few months out of the year.
Goals moving forward: Beginning August 3rd, for 30 days I’m embarking on the Whole30! Message me on Facebook if you’d like to do it with me, I’m thinking about starting a support group for it.
– Weight goal- Lose 30 more pounds. Loft I know but 30 lbs ago was the thinnest I’ve ever been and I’d like to get back there.
I also joined MyFitnessPal! Feel free to add me on there- @NorthofWrigley!
Here’s to more progress over the next few month!